Gold (chemical symbol: Au) is a precious metal, just like silver, platinum and palladium, and one of the most valuable and highly sought after on the planet. Its main purpose is for investing or preservation of wealth, or a hedge against inflation. As small deposits with likewise small operations can already be profitable, gold juniors are the most abundant among junior miners on the various exchanges, but certainly the Canadian TSX Venture and TSX.
- After Neil Woodyer left Endeavour Mining as a CEO in 2016, he teamed up with mining titan Frank Giustra, to set up Leagold
- They managed to buy the Los Filos gold mine from Goldcorp in Mexico for US$350M
- After giving this a closer look, it seems a profitable acquisition for Leagold
- Development potential provides significant upside in a few years
- Management is aiming at aggressive growth in order to build the next mid tier producer